Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby Showers!

I think there must be something in the water these days, because everyone seems to be having babies! The number of showers that I have been invited to has but a strain on my gifting budget, so I decided it was time to take action. Here are a few baby projects that I have been working on:

The little Gentleman Series:
I have been seeing so many cute onesies online with ties and bow tie appliques. They didn't seem too complicated, so I attempted to make some for a shower I was going to. This was the result:


I also saw a tutorial for baby bibs at Chickpea Sewing Studio. So going with the same theme, I made a little gentleman bib, because you got to look good while you eat!


The bibs turned out ok, I think I need to practice my technique a bit more.

Next, I thought I would try my hand at freezer paper stencils. The shower that I was going to was The Little Prince theme, so I thought it would be fitting to do an elephant (pre-boa digestion):



All in all, I think that everything turned out ok, and it was nice to get my creative juices flowing. Hopefully this will be to start of more things to come (for my blogs sake at least).

No comments: